I am pursuing my Masters in Electrical Engineering from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at McGill University, I am a full-stack developer and have maintained
websites and software components. I have done six months of industrial training. Proficient in using Java and Python on Windows environment. I have also worked in the field of machine learning.
Java   |   Python   |   PHP   |   C   |   C++   |   HTML   |   CSS   |   Asp.net   |   Jinja
Software and Tools :
OpenGL 4   |   PyCharm   |   Selenium IDE
Eclipse   |   Netbeans   |   Oracle   |   MySQL
My Work Experience
VMM Education, Web Developer Intern
January 2020 – May 2020
- Full Stack development of website similar to Netflix.
Department of Computer Engineering and Technology, G.N.D University , Teacher Assistant
Sept. 2018 – May 2019
- Tutored System Programming (CSL 243) to Winter 2019 batch.
- Grader/Marker for Data Structures & Programming Methodology (CSL 231), Fall 2018.
Here are some of my projects that I worked on during my job and studies.
Image Classification with Deep Learning Methods:
- Investigated the performance of supervised machine learning classification models to predict the total price of an image containing three clothing articles in the Modified Fashion-MNIST dataset.
- Implemented Neural Network(NN), Convolution Neural Network (CNN) and deep CNN.
- Explored the performance of the classifiers trained with Residual Neural Network (ResNet), VGG-16 and AlexNet.
Text Classification with Machine Learning Methods:
- Used the comments from the Reddit website as the text to be analyzed and predicted its subbredit or category out of 8 given subbredit labels or classes.
- Implemented Bernoulli Naive Bayes, Gaussian Naive Bayes, Multinomial Naive Bayes, Decision Tree, Random Forest, Bagging Decision Tree, Linear Support Vector Machine (Linear SVM), Logistic Regression, K Nearest Neighbor and Multi-layer Perceptron Classifier (MLP Classifier) algorithms.
Methods to Improve the Performance of Logistic Regression:
- investigate the performance of two-class logistic regression classifiers on two benchmark datasets “hepatitis” and “bankruptcy”.
- Implemented filter method and wrapper method to improve the performance of the model.
Ph.D. submission module for G.N.D University, Amritsar:
- Allows student to submit Ph.d submission details online.
- Add a system of feedback used by examiners and administration officials to interact and exchange thoughts regarding the evaluation of submitted Ph.D. thesis.
Online Streaming Plateform:
- This project is named "Netflix Plus", because it add a system of smart rating using machine learning.
- Reviews are analysed using SentimentIntensityAnalyzer of VADER (Valence Aware Dictionary and sEntiment Reasoner).
- GitHub Repo : Online Streaming Plateform
- Software keeps track of medicine stock, their expiration date, purchase and sale history.
- Automatically notifies the owner about the medicine stock details, such as required stock, expired stock and expiry dates of all stored medicines.
- GitHub Repo : Helping-Medicine
- This project enables the hotel to manage the booking of all rooms and related facilities with a great efficiency.
- Enables room booking, cancellation and room management.
- GitHub Repo : Hotel-Management System
- Kamaljit Kaur, Prabhsimran Singh, Parminder Kaur A Review of Artificial Intelligence Techniques for
Requirement Engineering , ICMDE2020, Sonipat, India.
Computer Society of India 53rd Annual Convention
- Harpreet Singh, Prabhsimran Singh, Parminder Kaur A Research Paper on Solving the Website Structure Optimization problem using Genetic
Algorithm, in Computer Society of India 53rd Annual Convention, Bhubaneswar, India, January 2020.